The facilities operations compliance verification process provides a mechanism to periodically confirm compliance task completion by the Business Units and contractors. Verifications are performed on several fronts:
- Comprehensive audits of HSSE Management Systems included as tasks in Compliance Task Manager will be an overarching assessment of the effectiveness and completion of compliance tasks. Examples include the annual audit of the fire prevention plan, LOTO audit, the annual assessment of the Hazard Communication Plan, and the annual assessment of the Industrial Hygiene Plan.
- Each Compliance Champion shall:
- periodically verify in the field the closure of compliance tasks under their responsibility.
- verify one task per month to assure himself or herself that their personnel are properly completing the tasks.
- identify and correct deficiencies observed during the verification.
- identify tasks which have been verified by placing their observations in the Comments Field of the closed task. Verified tasks will be noted in the Essential system.
- Monthly verification of a sampling of completed compliance tasks is to be conducted by the Naperville Entity HSE Compliance Systems Lead to verify the completion of compliance tasks. The purpose of this monitoring is to enhance assurance that tasks are being completed appropriately and on time. In addition, the verification will identify gaps in training, procedures, or documentation in performing the compliance task.
Results of the verification process will be tracked and reported back to facilities operations management and BU Compliance Champions. To ensure that each task is being completed, the Compliance Systems Lead also has the ability to generate reports of overdue tasks.