If you manage projects or operate utilities, here's what you need to know.
- Conduct a Management of Change (MOC) if you plan to construct/modify/demolish a process, building or other structure or if you plan to disturb more than one acre of land. Include BP HSSE in the process.
- Follow environmental operating procedures. Make sure that the subcontractors you hire also follow them.
- Comply with air emission permit, water discharge permit and Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan requirements. Use the Compliance Task Manager (CTM) to close tasks that have been assigned to you.
- Carry out your role in the event of an emergency.
- Take corrective action on nonconformances that are assigned to you. They will appear on the monthly IISN report generated from IRIS.
- Report TSCA environmental or health allegations to Health Services or HSSE. Click here for TSCA awareness information and a copy of Form 48-600.
- Report Permit-Required activities to Chicago Area Facilities Operations (CAFO) HSSE Staff.