If you work in a lab, here's what you need to know.
- Report Permit-Required activities to Chicago Area Facilities Operations (CAFO) HSSE Staff.
- Know what is expected of Office Workers.
- Be familiar with the environmental aspects on which you have an effect (below).
- Pre-treatment of process wastewater at B Building (1.10).
- Fire/release potential from flammable liquid storage in labs (8.8).
- Follow site operating procedures such as air emissions, sewer discharges, chemical storage and communicating with contractors and truck drivers.
- Complete all compliance tasks that apply to you by the due date.
- Take corrective action on nonconformances that are assigned to you.
- Follow Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) rules to find out if the R&D exemption applies or if you plan to (1) synthesize a new chemical or (2) import or export chemicals.