6. BP host must provide SDS for any of BP’s chemicals the visitor may handle.
7. BP host must obtain SDS for any chemicals the visitor may bring on site.
8. During an emergency the alarm or PA system may sound. Depending on the emergency everyone will be instructed to evacuate or seek "shelter in place". The host is responsible for giving specific instructions/locations to each guest. Do not use the elevators during an emergency. Do not leave the site until authorized.
9. Minimum protection for entering labs and operating areas is wearing full-length pants, a top that covers your shoulders, closed-toe shoes and safety glasses.
10. Recognize that the site operates under an environmental management system.
11. Be aware that the site environmental policy recognizes BP’s corporate commitment to “no damage to the environment” by committing to the following key principles.
- Continual Improvement (Plan/Perform/Measure/Improve)
- Pollution Prevention (Recycle/Minimize Waste)
- Compliance with the law
12. Follow site recycling program. Ask BP host for details.
Visitor videos are available online here, please select the appropriate campus. Visitors may perform some limited work activities (training, calibration, etc.) under the direct supervision of their host, however the host’s safety orientation must cover all aspects of their work. Guests are provided with a Visitor Safety Brochure by the Security Officer when they enter the site.