If a member of the BP work location has reason to believe that a follow worker employee/contractor is missing, all efforts will be made immediately (no waiting period)
to locate the staffer to determine his/her state of health and well-being.
The procedures are enacted as soon as a staffer is reported missing.
· Gather information about the missing person and circumstances for the reason for concern. (IE: Health issues, mental capacity)
· Alert Bp Security Manager/ BP management (Possible activation of the Incident Management Team).
· There should be no delay in contacting law enforcement when circumstances suggest a criminal act.
· Begin a physical search of the normal building complex that the missing person works in. If security needs help searching in any areas that could cause them physical harm, they should get assistance from appropriate BP personnel.
· Check Card access to see if staffer has a ID badge and if it has been used.
· Print ID pictures for the Security staff to use in a physical search.
· Have the gatehouse officers start monitoring outbound vehicles.
· Attempt to locate staffer’s vehicle on campus if this information is available.
· Check any campus video to attempt to locate missing person.
· Conduct a site wide Emergency Voice announcement asking the missing person to contact the Security dept.
Once all attempts to locate the person have been utilized with no success. Then place a call to the local Police Dept. to inform them. BP supervisor should contact H.R. and have them contact missing person’s family or emergency contacts.